Perl Scripts

Hi all,

I have written two perl scripts which I think are of general interest.

The first one, called gnome-cvs-update.pl is a script that updates the modules
installed via cvs. It does the autodetection of the modules we already have
checked out and logs everything in a logfile. This is a very simple script, but
I like it nonetheless :)

The second one, is a bit more complex, but I find it more useful. It is called
gnome-compile.pl and is the script I use daily to build my gnome system.
It works in this way:

First of all it divides the gnome packages in 5 groups:

gnome-fundamentals (glib, gtk+)
gnome-prerequisites (imlib, libIDL, ORBit, audiofile, esound)
gnome-base (gnome-libs, gnome-objc, libgtop, gnome-core)
gnome-options (gnome-guile, gnome-admin, gnome-games, gnome-network,
gnome-utils)
gnome-apps, which are given in a text file by the user.

The user is then prompted for which groups he wants to compile, and the
compilation starts. If one of the gnome-fundamentals, prerequisites or base
can't compile, the program will halt asking the user to fix the error, while
the program will just ignore the options or apps which can't compile.

The program uses some litte hacks to make everything compile properly, such as
copying glib/acinclude.m4 to /opt/gnome/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 and calling
aclocal before autogen.sh

I don't know what I should do, should I post the scripts here? One is very
short, the other is about 150-160 lines long.

Sorry for my not so fluent english,
--
bye bye by  Giovanni Intini  of  Team  Omega  [intinig@tin.it]
http://age.gamesmania.com - http://space.tin.it/giochi/gintini