Re: Developer documentation?

Peter Hawkins wrote:

> Is it just me or does the GNOME project completely lack any useful
> developer documentation? I can't see any at all!

We're just starting up a broader (official) effort to create a well-written
"GNOME Developer's Guide" that covers everything you should need for
day-to-day GNOME programming.  I expect that the Developer's Guide will be
followed by a much more in-depth "GNOME Internals" manual that goes into a
deeper behind-the-scenes look at how GNOME really works.  The Internals
guide would be aimed at developers who want to work on core GNOME
components, like gnome-libs and Baboon, as opposed to writing GNOME
applications.

So, help is on the way.  I'll be sure and post announcements here as things
develop (no pun intended).  It'll probably be a few weeks before any serious
content starts to appear.  The scope and format is still in flux.

We're still waiting on a new gnome-docs-list mailing list (hint hint).

John