RE: GWP and 'the foot'

So do I, but might it be better to use the application icon rather than the
G?

>  First, it clears up a lot of the
> ambiguity about what to do with the "File" menu in applications where it
> is not appropriate (e.g. games).

Cooper makes a good point on this issue in _The Essentials of User Interface
Design_. "File" is awfully generic. In fact, the notion of a "file" is
really an implementation thing. For most applications (a notable exception
being a file manager), one could think of a more appropriate name for the
menu generally dubbed "File". In a word processor, for example, "Document"
would be more appropriate.

Braden

<http://www.endoframe.com>