Re: shared libs and mico-2.0.5

On Sun, 31 May 1998 vanco@sonic.net wrote:
> 	I am having trouble with mico 2.0.5. upon configuration, it
> complains of these:
>
> checking for exception handling... broken, exception support disabled
> checking if binary linked against shlib works... failed, shared libs
> disabled
> checking for dynamic loading... failed, dynamic loading disabled
>
> What does autoconf use as a test of such things? What may I change to
> force these on? I am running debian 2.0 pre

Well, poking around inside the configure script finds this program:

#include "confdefs.h"
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void exit(int);
#endif

class Ex {};

int main ()
{
  try {
    throw Ex();
    return 1;
  } catch (Ex &ex) {
    return 0;
  } catch (...) {
    return 1;
  }
}

If that fails, then exception support is well and truly broken. What
compiler are you using?
you might wnat to try
CCC=<known working c++ compiler>; ./configure
if your c++ is broken.

HTH

Michael Hudson
Jesus College