Re: GTK+ back buffers?

On 31 May 1998, Sascha Ziemann wrote:

> Pete Ryland <pdr-lists@pdr.ml.org> writes:
>
> | > Use X pixmap.  Just "draw" to the pixmap, and gdk_window_copy_area
> | > (XCopyArea without gtk) from the pixmap to the target window.
>
> | When you say "draw" to the pixmap, can I do this from an "unsigned char*"?
>

> [Excellent examples in doing this including a lot of useful code]
>
> I hope this helps a bit to understand X11. It took me a while to
> figure all this stuff out with the help of the Gtk+ source, imlib
> source, a Xlib Programming Manual and the Gtk+ mailing list.

Thank you a heap for all of that.  That is *very* helpful to what I am
doing.  You have probably saved me a few months of late nights and
gruelling weekends. :)

thanks again,
Pete

PS, sorry if any mail coming here bounces temporarily, but I've had to
change my IP, and I couldn't be bothered recompiling my kernel to use
ipalias.

Pete Ryland	Home phone: +61 2 9697 9262	Mobile: 014 035 802
email: pdr@student.unsw.edu.au	ICQ UIN: 4256333
WWW: http://www.pdr.ml.org	ftp: ftp.pdr.ml.org