Re: Bugs & Probs with the panel.

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, robert havoc pennington wrote:
>
> > I think the plan is to draw Yes-No buttons that aren't ugly. :-) Any idea
> > what picture goes with Yes and No?
>
> Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down p'rhaps?

coming from the macintosh school of software usage, i'm inclined to
propose that all interface devices (buttons, menu choices, etc) should
always be _verbs_, as their intent is to tell the computer to do
something.

consequently, a quit confirmation dialog box (for example) should read,
"do you really want to quit? [ quit | cancel ]" which, in my opinion,
makes a lot more sense and is quicker to navigate than "[ yes | no ]."

in fact, apple has a complete set of human interface guidelines which it
might behoove gnome developers to look over once or twice. while apple
certainly isn't the last word on user interface, it's clear they've put
a lot of effort into making theirs good and they've undeniably deserved
their reputation for being easy to learn and use as a result.
--
"Whoever saves one life saves the whole world in time." --Talmud