Re: Bugs & Probs with the panel.

>>>>> "Caolan" == Caolan McNamara <Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie> writes:

Caolan> related to this theres some fascinating material on
Caolan> internalisation as regards colour as well, some colours such
Caolan> as red and green are not instantenously recognizable as
Caolan> danger/halt and ok/go and so on and on occasion can cause real
Caolan> problems.

Thanks.  We definitely need to deal with this as well.  However, it
seems that color is mostly handled as part of an icon -- so perhaps we
can get this for free when we make icons localizable.

Caolan> id recommend the apple interface guideline book as a good read
Caolan> to get a handle on some of these issues.

I strongly second this.  The Apple book seems much better than the
Windows and Motif style guides.

Caolan> i havent tried any long menus in gtk yet, does it have a
Caolan> scroll mechanism ?

I don't think so.  I prefer to try to avoid making menus that grow
without bound, if possible.  I guess that's a hacky solution in some
ways.

Tom