Re: Bugs & Probs with the panel.

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Caolan McNamara wrote:

> another little HCI gotcha is menus, if theres more entries on the menu than
> fits on the screen there should be the capacity to scroll the menu so that you
> can select any of the entries, you can see that xaw doesnt have any
> cunning way to do this so for instance on my machine with loads
> of fonts i cant select past the ones beginning with c with xfontsel as they
> are listed in a menu thats too long to fit on screen.

	A good way to work around this problem is to make xfontsel a shell
script which will preload the nextaw library THEN call the real xfontsel.
This makes that problem go away.  I highly recommend it.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.