Re: Bugs & Probs with the panel.

[ internationalization of icons ]

>> Maybe this is only a theoretical problem.  Anybody know for sure?

Ulrich> It's a real problem and you might want consider to
Ulrich> internationalize the icons.  I.e., use symbolic names.  I
Ulrich> don't remember the details anymore but there is some quite
Ulrich> interesting example which came up in the past where a
Ulrich> completely innocently looking picture is insulting for
Ulrich> somebody else.

It turns out we already have an example in Gnome!  It isn't as
dramatic as insulting somebody, but it does exist.

Right now the OK icon is an arrow pointing down and to the left.  I
imagine this is supposed to mimic the Enter key on the keyboard.
However, when using a right-to-left language, the arrow should point
down and to the right.

We don't support right-to-left languages yet, so practically speaking
it doesn't matter right now.  But some day it will.

Tom