Re: OLE Discussion (was Re: Opendoc)

> > Oh, btw, what makes COM "proprietary"?
>
>  - It is defined by a single vendor
>  - It is implemented by a single vendor

I was under this impression until today.

Apparently COM was invented by someone else.  Probably it is part of
DCE, but I am not sure.  It definetly uses parts of it.

COM is very simple to implement in C++, should take little more effort
to implement in C.  Netscape implements their own C++ COM in
mozilla/xpcom (a very nice introduction to COM is available in
www.mozilla.com in the Documentation, Techincal Documentation,
Modularization page).

Miguel.