Re: modemlights for ISDN?

Martin writes:
>I had a short look at the isdn4linux package and found out how it works:
>It looks at /dev/isdninfo.
>
>I am sending two short TCL scripts as attachment. They are together only
>280 lines long and under GNU license. The first, 'isdnbar' displays a
>light indicating whether you're online or not together with the phone
>number. The second is required by the first.
>
>That's in /dev/isdninfo when I'm online:
[extra snipped]
>/dev/isdninfo is a little bit different from the /proc filesystem of
>Linux, when you read from it (i.e 'cat /dev/isdninfo') it waits forever
>and you get new data each time status changes.
>
>I now have one week of hard work followed by one week of holidays, so can
>add an ISDN part to the modemlight applet next week. GNOME is really nice,
>but I really need something telling me when it's wasting money again ...
>
>Last question: Is there a screenshot of the modemlight applet available
>anywhere ?

I just put a quick shot of my panel here:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/panel-grab.gif

modemlights is the applet on the far right. Uh, the other applets shown only
exist on my computer ;) except for the mixer and cpuload of course.

Does the ISDN device have an entry in /dev/* ? If so, how does the software
know the device is not already in use? Try to find the check for this.
I'm not familiar with how ISDN works, so please alter the modemlights
applet to work with ISDN when you get the time.

John

--
John Ellis <gqview@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/