Re: Panel clock applet goes blank after midnight

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Bug report: The clock applet goes blank after midnight. Moving it around
> > will show the normal stuff again, but after midnight (i.e. when the date
> > changes) it goes blank. I do a lot of "staying up after midnight", so I've
> > noticed repeatedly.
>
> I took a look at the code and I can not figure out what is wrong.
>
> I can only think of Gtk timeout routines failing after midnight.

If I was guessing, I'd say it's the routine that changes the date that's the
culprit. I can't think of anything else special. The applet works fine, the
only problem is that it goes blank at 00:00 and stays that way unless it's
restarted or moved.

If all else fails, try patching a little redundancy: do whatever
update/repaint is a done after a move implicitly when the date changes. If
that solves the problem, than that's all we need to know :-)

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --