Panel clock applet goes blank after midnight

Bug report: The clock applet goes blank after midnight. Moving it around
will show the normal stuff again, but after midnight (i.e. when the date
changes) it goes blank. I do a lot of "staying up after midnight", so I've
noticed repeatedly.

And to qualify the bug report: To help me with my troubles getting GNOME to
compile or even the binaries to run on my system, I approached the problem
in a sort of round-about way, which I recommend to anyone desperately
wanting to get GNOME to run.

1) Clear up a partition on your hard disk (I had about a gig lying around)
2) Download RedHat 5.0 (I have a direct link to SuperJANET so that took
about 3.5 minutes for the complete ~400 Mbytes...)
3) Install said RedHat - it's really a breeze if you don't care about the
massive amounts of junk that gets installed by default.
4) Get the latest support & cvs rpms and install them. Don't worry about
order, rpm will warn you about failed dependancies.

Hey presto! You have a working gnome system [BIG GRIN]. At least I do.
Problem is, you don't have anything ELSE working because RedHat installs all
sorts of backwards crap it's going to take AGES for me to disable/replace
without breaking rpm's precious dependancies. But that's OK because I can
spare the space and use my old setup for REAL work and the RedHat
installation for testing GNOME. What fun... now I have to worry about two
things. Three. Trying to install glibc2 on my old setup (hoping that it
would help with my GNOME problems) the process screwed up half-way through
"make install" meaning half of my system is glibc1 and the other half is
glibc2. Which mainly means nothing will compile and a lot of things won't
run unless I go through include and lib directories manually pruning
anything glibc installed. Ho hum.

The point is, the bug appears on both systems. And it's old. So it's there.
Expect nice stack traces for anything that's REALLY broken on the new stuff
real soon. After exams I might even do some coding meself.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --