Re: addressable titlebars for Gnome-terminal?
- From: Matthew Kirkwood <weejock ferret lmh ox ac uk>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- cc: zucchi zedzone box net au, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: addressable titlebars for Gnome-terminal?
- Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:25:57 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > the only thing that's keeping me using xterm these days...well,
> > actually mxterm...is the addressable titlebars. basically, this
> > feature allows one to put a string in the titlebar using a certain
> > escape character sequence.
> Can you tell us what is the escape sequence you use to do this?
> I have CCed Michael Zucchi. The terminal emulator widget author.
> Michael, I would suggest to catch this escape sequence and emit a
> signal "titlebar_changed" to let any embedding application to do the
> best thing.
I forget what it is, but it's in the XTerm-Title mini-HOWTO, as I recall.
] [Thread Prev