Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

raster@redhat.com writes:

> yes eys. but we need a canoical list of useful states that a program
> can set itself to be in, and that a display system (ie the window
> manager it seems int his case) can interpret meaningfull and then
> display the users preferred state...

Yes.  Presumably other applications could notice these changes too, so
if it made sense, you could have a separate application showing this
information.

I think this is a neat idea: somebody write down what clients have to
do, and what window managers/monitoring apps should look for, could
they?  Then people can start implementing it.