Re: Compiling mc: libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'

> On Sun, 17 May, 1998 at 05:38:58PM -0600, Tom Tromey set free these words:
> >
> > I personally think that since gemvt isn't being maintained, and since
> > gnome-terminal exists and is actively maintained, that we should just
> > delete gemvt.
> >
> Was gemvt supposed to be embeddable as a widget in other apps?  If so and
> gnome-terminal doesn't provide this, it might be better to hold onto it
> for a while...

gnome-terminal is based on another widget which does the terminal
emulation and so on.  gnome-terminal is just some 'frosting' to
make it look nicer.  So, in essence, it already is embeddable, but
I also think Miguel has plans to widgetize gnome-terminal too.

gemvt might still be useful as a reference.  gnome-terminal only does
'xterm' emulation at this point, and the emulation still has bugs here
and there.

Actually, is there a desire for additional terminal
emulations?  I've been tossing around the idea of emulating a
block-mode terminal - only 'cause i'm working on a project that uses
them and it would be an interesting exercise ... (unisys / "t27"
terminal type).  But i probably wont have the time.

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith