Re: gtk icewm?

> > when comparing menu popup speeds to say, gtk.. but IMO icewm is
> > currently too win95ish for Gnome.
>
> I believe that arguing on the basis of how similar something is to
> Windows 95 is wrong.  We should be basing our arguments on the
> capabilities and the benefits.
>
> For example, what is wrong with Windows 95 user interface?  Lets focus
> on fixing those problems, not on dismissing any feature because it
> happens to be present on Windows 95.

It is unecessarily complex.  Mouse button use isn't entirely consistent,
and only covers 2 buttons.

The close button is a serious flaw.  "Lets put a non-questioning program
abort right next to other oft-used buttons with completely harmless
consequences".  Really dumb.

However ... the task bar is kind of neat, and about the only thing
windows 95 really added to the GUI.  Nothing *that* new though, mac's
had the program menu, and twm had the icon manager.

etc.etc.

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith