Re: Docbook: how to include jpeg and png images?

    Ulrich> Toshio Kuratomi <badger@prtr-13.ucsc.edu> writes:
    >> Oops, spoke too soon :-( This allows me to specify "png" or
    >> "jpg" as my format in a graphic, ( <graphic
    >> fileref="fallback_flowchart" format="png"// ) but it gets
    >> output as a reference to a gif instead....  Is this a problem
    >> with the DocBook implementation I'm using, or do I need to do
    >> something further?

    Ulrich> The jade backend must be adopted for this.  Or better
                                    [adapted]
    Ulrich> said: the DSSSL.

That could be done, but as a temporary measure you might just want to
add a rule to your makefile which creates .gif and .eps files (for
HTML and print outputs).

I need to talk to Norman Walsh (who maintains the stylesheets) about
whether:

1. for HTML can we safely use .png directly?

2. should the file type conversion go in the DSSSL stylesheets, or
   should it be handled elsewhere (like in the Makefile, or in the
   back end engines).