Re: GnomeSelectPaper Widget

On Wed, 13 May 1998, John R Sheets wrote:
> > Anyone know what the Mac or Windows API is for this dialog?
>
> Windows has a few common dialogs for Printing, Print Setup, etc.
> You invoke the dialog and extract the standard info from a
> structure that the dialog fills.  Is this what you mean?

I was more wondering what the division of labor is. i.e., does the dialog
do anything interesting for you, or does it just get information (paper
size, etc.) and relay it back? I know some printers have custom dialogs
that come up, too (maybe you click "Printer Options..." IIRC)...
Also it'd be worth having a look at that struct to see what info is
needed - as a kind of checklist for completeness.

On Mac you always get that "You have changed settings, please choose Page
Setup in all open applications" thing, which suggests to me that Page
Setup does something more than just ask for paper size etc. I don't know
though.

A cool Quark XPress feature is "Print Job" which saves a group of
settings under a name. So you could have different Print Job settings for
Draft, Final, Tabloid, LaserWriter, Epson, etc. and quickly choose the
correct one. Also when you save a document the associated Print Job name
is recorded.

Just throwing out ideas.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp