.desktop files in share/apps/

can anyone explain me the reason why in the .desktop files in
share/apps/ I *can't* put programs name with options?
Fro example I have added the string 'xemacs -f vm' but it won't parse
the file. I'd to make an alias to that ( I called it vm-mailer) and
then putted that alias in the Exec= line in .desktop file. it
works. But I don't knwo the reason!! I have many programs starting
with -options, soI have to create an alias for every apps?

Thanks

Christopher Gabriel
<cgabriel@tin.it>