New Icons & Metadata Document

Remember the icons and metadata thread that went through this list a
week and a half ago?  To help prevent such a long winded thread from filling
my mailbox again, I've taken the time to summarize most of the relevant points
of that debate and put into a form that lends itself slightly more to
comparing the relative merits of each proposal.

Please go look at it at
http://prtr-13.ucsc.edu/~badger/metadata

or download html or docbook source at
ftp://prtr-13.ucsc.edu/pub/gnome/metadata

This document is not complete as it was extracted from the mail messages that
I kept in my INBOX.  There's quite a few areas where the document could use
touching up, additional information, or unbaising.  If you'd send your
suggestions to me, I'd be very glad to work them in.  I hope people will take
a look at this so we can start coding something that is powerful, extensible,
and well thought out.  I hope no one will take it personally if I've left out
their pet project; I'm still searching through my mail archives for proposals
I know I've missed.

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."

PGP signature