Re: "getting rid of MICO ??"

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Bertrand Guiheneuf wrote:

> Excuse me, but I'm not sure about the meaning of "getting rid of".
> Does this mean that MICO won't be used in the future.
>
> If this is the right meaning, what will it be replaced with?

A CORBA engine written in C and not in C++ is in development. It is called
ORBit, and it can be checked out from the CVS site. It is not complete,
however. The purpose of this is that we don't have to carry around any
unnecessary C++ baggage (libstdc++, exception handling code) for
applications not written in C++. I believe C++, ObjC and other bindings will
be available for those writing apps in those languages.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant                                          ttarrant@etnoteam.it
- Sei. Numero perfetto.              |- Six. Perfect number.