Re: gmake

> > 	Does anyone have any plans for a gnome compile environment?  I can
> > imagine a graphical version of make...  At minimum, it could run make -n
> > on the file, collect output, and then run a real make and give a graphical
> > display of what is happening.  :^)
> >
> > 	Not to mention a graphical version of configure, etc.  This could
> > be very neat.  (You supply the options to configure, it reports on what it
> > is doing, etc.)
>
> That sounds really cool. What a great idea....
> I would support it all the way!

i thought about doing this a while ago.. the problem was that you don't
really get enough information from the output to do much, and if you
actually hack the source to the program (gnu make), there's the problem
trying to run the make while trying to run gtk. of course there are ways
to get around the second problem, but with all my begging in the gtk-list,
nobody ever told me how :)

it's still a cool thought, though

|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |