CVS Module problem

Hi all,

I just tried to set up a little CVS repository with some gnome stuff on
my machine and discovered a little problem with the CVS module file:

This is from the Gnome CVS module file:

  macros  gnome-common/macros
  intl    gnome-common/intl
  support gnome-common/support

  gnome-libs gnome-libs &macros &intl &support

when I do a 'cvs co gnome-libs' I get

  gnome-libs
  gnome-libs/macros
  gnome-libs/intl
  gnome-libs/support

That's just fine. Now I tried to set up a little repository myself on my
machine with gnome-common, gnome-utils and some other program I'm working
on called libgtop.

I started with:

$ cvs init
$ cd gnome-common
$ find . -name CVS -exec rm -rf {} \;
$ cvs import -m 'my own gnome-common' gnome-common GNOME_DIST BAULIG_0_01
$ cd ../gnome-utils
$ find . -name CVS -exec rm -rf {} \;
$ rm -rf macros intl [and some other dirs I don't needed]
$ cvs import -m 'my own gnome-utils' gnome-utils GNOME_DIST BAULIG_0_01

Then I checked out CVSROOT, created a similar modules file and checked it
in:

  macros  gnome-common/macros
  intl    gnome-common/intl
  support gnome-common/support

  gnome-utils gnome-utils &macros &intl

Finaly, I got rid of the working copy of gnome-common and gnome-utils and
tried to checked out gnome-utils again. But I got

  gnome-utils
  macros
  intl

instead of

  gnome-utils
  gnome-utils/macros
  gnome-utils/intl

This was both with CVS 1.9 and CVS 1.9.16. Any ideas what I did wrong ?
How can I make the macros and intl directories appear inside gnome-utils,
libgtop, ... ??

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier

   baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.org/
   Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
   ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
   Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above