Re: Compile Error in help-browser

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Jeff> When building gnome-core, the build dies in help-browser:
>     Jeff> misc.c.  The error? "gzopen", "gzread", and "gzclose" not
>     Jeff> defined!  I've even verified that #include <zlib.h> is still
>     Jeff> there, and my zlib.h (in /usr/include) defines those
>     Jeff> functions.
>
> You should send out an excerpt of the compilation output, but I am
> guessing that it was a link error and not a compile error.

You were, of course, right.  I guess it was one of these "staring too
long at the error to see what's really going on" things.  (Really, I'm
smarter than that! :-)

I have the compile FAQ, and read that zlib section over and over looking
for compile-time hints.  I will now reread and follow the directions for
link-time.

Thanks for your help and patience.