Re: some thoughts..

"Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm@redhat.com> writes:

> Andreas Kostyrka writes:
> >*) Guile (as all interpreted languages) is not that good, as the pcode is
> >   treated as data by the system.
>
> It's possible to have pcode demand loaded -- just save it to disk and
> mmap() it in.  I think Python does this, but I'm not sure.

The problem with Guile is that its GC insists on touching and even
modifying the whole heap (including what you call pcode) for every
collection.

That is indeed suboptimal.  But there is already a port of Hobbit, the
Scheme to C compiler.  It is not yet a trouble-free thing, but is
showing a lot of promise, IMO.