Re: some thoughts..

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
[snip]
> > know, but I'm sure I haven't used any sounds and still KDE's sound servers
> > eat megs of memory.
> 1.) The soundserver is still started.
> 2.) The soundserver still waits for requests.
> 3.) The soundserver still tries to process requests.
> So the soundserver is practically used as a whole.

Sorry to nitpick, but on my system RSS-SHRD for kaudioserver and maudio is
64K-48K and 152K-104K respectively, even though I play sounds. If your
sound servers are taking up megs of memory, this may be a configuration
problem or a bug.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   The KDE is KNOT a Window Manager.