I seem to get the clue ...

I wrote:

    Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 18:25:04 +0200 (CEST)
    From: Junichi Saito <j.saito@wanadoo.fr>
    To: gnome-list@gnome.org
    Subject: pb running panel

    Each time I try to run panel, all I get, after a moment, is the
    following:

    ** ERROR **: Could not talk to the Panel: Can't talk to a panel

    Why?

    junichi

I recompiled and reinstalled almost all the gnome stuff, using principally
CVS source and I finally can run 'panel'.

The problem I was having to run 'panel' seems to due to 'mico', (which is
the version 2.0.6) I got from its home site.

This creats 5 shared libs (libmico, libmicoaux, libmicocoss, libmicogtk,
libmicox), instead of three with the version 2.0.5.  To compile
gnome-core, I had to add to the variable 'MICO_LIBS'
-lmicogtk$(MICO_VERS).

junichi