Re: Obtaining DocBook... (fwd)

On Sun, 03 May, 1998 at 08:48:11PM +0200, Uwe Hentzschel set free these words:
> Kenneth R. Kinder schrieb:
> > > Otherwise, I find the current setup incomplete but not terribly buggy.
> > > You just type "db2html file.sgml" or "db2ps file.sgml" or "db2rtf
> > > file.sgml" and it should all happen.
> >
> > Installation...  when I tried jade, it complained about not having the
> > docbook umm... element list thing (what's that called?).  Probably due to
> > the fact that its installation script failed.
> >
> > Upon installation of the RPMs, it's nothing much, but I also get a huge
> > set of errors about the user and group not found; using root.

[snip]

> > >  and I will
> > > put together a little sheet on that subject some time soon.  It will
> > > also help people who cannot use RPM.
> >
> > That would be nice.  Actually, RPM -would- be nice too if they'd install
> > smoothly.  Thanks for the help!

I'm not clear on how the rpm's weren't installed correctly for you.  If it's
just the "user and group not found; using root" then everything is fine.  The
rpms were just not built using the tags to assign the files to a system user
instead of a normal user (Mark needs to have a %attr(- root root) tag in front
of every file in the %file section of his spec file.) The default of root
should be fine.

If you mean the installation script failed for something and jade wouldn't
install because of that, you're going to have to be more specific :-)

-Toshio
--
badger  \"The Difference between today and yesterday is not so much what has
@prtr-13 \ changed between then and now as what I hope to change by tomorrow."