Re: gnome-stock pixmaps

>> Gnome dialogs should have three buttons: apply, close, and help.

Havoc> There's already a decision on this, it's one of the few areas
Havoc> where Gnome apps are actually consistent, let's not break
Havoc> it. :)

I made this decision when I first wrote the PropertyBox code.
I made it this way because this is what I like.

However, I also purposefully designed the API to the PropertyBox so
that this could be changed in the future.  In particular the API
supports the notion of per-page Apply (in this case the Apply button
would be put in the notebook page).

And of course the API trivially supports getting rid of the Apply
button.

The only problem is that there is no way to customize the PropertyBox.

Havoc> That said, since all programs use GnomePropertyBox and they do
Havoc> not connect to the OK button directly, it is trivial to compile
Havoc> your local copy with no OK button or even no buttons at all and
Havoc> all apps should work.  Configurability is one of the major
Havoc> advantages of standardization.

Agreed.  If somebody wants to modify the PropertyBox to be
configurable, I'm all for it.  Then people can choose their own
favorite GUI: no Apply, per-page Apply, etc.

I'm not planning to do this work.  However, I have added an item to
the libgnomeui TODO list.

Tom