Re: only segfaults when starting applications?

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Could you try updating both your gdk_imlib and your gtk+?

Sorry, I missed putting information about my libs in here.
I have installed the latest debian packages:
- libgtk1_0.99.8-1.deb
- gdk-imlib-nonfree_1.1-3.deb (this was downloaded from
  ftp.enlightment.org around march 12th)

This seems to me the latest versions.
Anyhow I will try the CVS versions. (Will there ever be a stable version,
sigh...)

> > ** ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> > Abgebrochen (core dumped)
>
> The BadMatch errors are usually the result of our old buggy code that
> did not take into account multiple-depths displays (I bet you have a
> multiple-depth X server).
Multiple-depth? Do you mean capable of running at multiple depths or
running in multiple depth at the same time? Can you have multiple depths
at the same time? I'm running at a depth of 16bpp, that is true.

Dirk