Re: [gimp-devel] strange automake configure problem

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Matthew Shawn Wilson wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 08:13:12AM -0500, nuke@bayside.net wrote:
> > creating libtool
> > ./configure: line 2001: syntax error near unexpected token
> > `AM_PATH_GTK(,,{'
> > ./configure: line 2001: `       AM_PATH_GTK(,,{ echo "configure: error:
> > Cannot find GTK: is gtk-config in path?" 1>&2; exit 1; })'
> > configure: error: ./configure failed for blah
>
> Did you see any "AM_PATH_GTK not in library" errors?  Be sure that
> gtk.m4 is in the right place.  Also, you must have automake 1.2d.  Please
> read HACKING in the gimp source root and docs/gtk-config.txt in the
> gtk source tree.  Don't forget to install libtool too.

after this post, i took a few minutes to look through the list archives
and found other similar problems. there was talk that the gtk.m4 wasn't
seen by automake. i symlinked made a symlink to the gtk.m4 from my source
directory to /usr/share/aclocal and it worked.

> > i'm not sure who or what to contact about this, so i'm posting across a
> > couple lists. it looks like something is wrong with the .m4
> >

> No one else has problems with the macro file.  It's probably a configuration
> error on your box.

see above.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |