Re: gnome-list majordomo annoyances.

Vertigo <predator@alumina.xs4all.nl> writes:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:
>
> > Is there any reason why I receive lots of replys to subscription
> > requests from the gnome-lists list handler? Does anybody else have
> > this problem?
> I have the same problem on the gnome-kde-list. I get copies of other
> people's subscription and confirmation requests, and haven't seen a normal
> mail yet..

Somewhere (I don't know where) there is bad information on how
to subscribe to the gnome-kde-list.  Everyone (well, a lot of
people) seem to be trying to subscribe like so:

Subject: subscribe gnome-list@gnome.org

which is *wrong*.  That subscribes the gnome-list to the
gnome-kde-list!  The correct usage is simply:

Subject: subscribe

If someone can find those bad instructions (maybe somewhere
in KDE-land?) and change them I'd appreciate it.

-Marc