Some questions about gnome....

hello....

I have some questions about the version 0.13 (the snapshot, not the one in
the CVS)

1) If I want to uninstall all the parts of the old gnome (0.12), how can I
do ? I must delete the /usr/local/bin[share,lib] dirs ?

2) I have some problems with many programs: when I run them I got a "Bad
Match" error and a core dump. Why ? I compiled and installed all of the
modules, and when I cannot compile a program I cut it from the makefile.
Can help me to delete all the binaries of the old gnome-distrib ?

3) (perhaps very stupid) what are the differences between a gtk apps and a
full gnome-compliant application ?

thanks in advance.

bye

Gianluca