Re: GTK Netscape is impossible

Quoting Graham Hughes (graham@treepeople.dyn.ml.org):
> > Since Netscape is released under the Netscape Public Licence (NPL) and not
> > the GPL as GTK it breaks the GTK to port netscape to GTK. (No program can
> > use bits of a GPL program without being released GPL).
>
> Not true on two counts.  First; GTK is LGPLed, which does permit this sort of
> cross pollination.  Secondly, a GPLed library (say, GMP) can be used through
> an API (NPL FAQ, question #12); this API could easily be defined to be the
> normal C interface to the library.

if we are talking about the same GMP ... it's under LGPL as well ... I just
checked the dist I have ... (2.0.2)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!