Re: GNOME: Newsreader development

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Chris Fischer wrote:

> Gregory Dearing wrote:
>
> > Heya,
> >
> > On the assumption that I'd be working alone on this, my initial plans
> > will probably be pretty close to just slapping a Gtk front-end onto
> > slrn.  Even though I'm normally a gnus man, slrn has a lot of things
> > going for it, including...
> >
> > a.) Most of the initial set of features I'm interested in.
> > b.) C implementation
> > c.) GPL'd code
>
> I for one always thought it would be cool if someone wrote a GUI front end to
> srln.

And not only that.. not everyone is happy with an implementation of a
newsreader, so a few of them to chose between would be nice. I have no
experience with srln, but I say go for it..

-Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/