Re: gnome help bug

Moin moin,

    Tom> I have the latest cvs gtk and gnome (libs and core)
    Tom> installed.  When I run gnome-help-browser, I get this:

    Tom> creche. gnome-help-browser E: file gtkwidget.c: line 2407
    Tom> (gtk_widget_set_rc_style): "initial_emission == TRUE" IOT
    Tom> trap/Abort

This was introduced by some changes to the gtk style handling.  It
looks like you have to specify a style in a gtkrc file for every
widget.  A workaround for this bug (I think it's a bug, and not a
feature) is to put something like

style "default"
{
}

widget "*" style "default"

in your ~/.gnome/gtkrc file.  At least this worked for me.

Tschuess, Carsten

Carsten Schaar                         email: nhadcasc@fs-maphy.uni-hannover.de