Re: [gtk-list] Re: Data-bound widgets?

dc> On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 12:20:06PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
>> Is anyone working on anything like data-bound widgets? - to make it
>> easy to write simple GTK apps which connect to PostgreSQL or mSQL?

dc> Sounds like a great idea to me.  There are already two people
dc> working on PSQL interfaces, and I'm working rather fitfully on a
dc> gadfly interface, but I don't think either has data entry
dc> capabilities.

dc> Dave Cook

I'll start working on an ODBC interface in GTK after the Python/Tk
Prototype is usefull. I'm useing  the iodbc library to be able to
implement something like the ODBC Manager in Windows.

iodbc is able to load a sharted library which actually implements the
ODBC functions. Therefore it's possible to use the same application
with different databases by only changing the setup file for iodbc
(modulo SQL incompatibilities).

I used this with one test application accessing a Solid database and a
ADABAS Database without changing one line of code (i admit it only did
simple insert and select statements). This test application was
written in Python but there should be no problem if C or C++ is used.

Cc'ed to gnome-list because this will be a gnome project.