Re: Compiling 0.20 (followup)

On 28 Jun 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Christopher> have on my system.  Does gdiskfree require glibc or
> Christopher> something?
>
> I don't know.  But generally it is ok to use functions like these; we
> can always add configure machinery to let us add our own
> implementation on systems that don't have them.

I've been told that this is a glibc thing and that it is either fixed in
CVS or is being worked on.

> Christopher> Is that also the problem with my "ping.c" in gnome-admin?
> I don't know what the problem is there, sorry.

It's with the (gx)snmp program -- same problem as above (I'm told).  I've
commented these programs out of the makefile and everything else has
compiled fine.  I won't be able to test it until at least Monday but I
must admit I'm lost there, too - how do I run gnome?  Is it "grun"?

Thanks again,
--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
Florida Institute of Technology  - System Administrator, Programmer