Re: imlib and 24bit color, byte order

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:

> i have code in misc.c that turns off fastrender if the client and server
> differ in endianess.. adding mroe checks there might be the way to go..

The problem is deeper than this in 24bit mode, you always write in big
endian mode no matter what the endianess of the server, this is bad.  I
have a way of making fast render work on all combinations of server and
client, without performance penalties, I will try to put it in the tree
tonight after I write it and test it on  a few servers.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>