Re: Gnome and WM

It sounds like your panel is crashing right after it launches a few
applets.  try startx > ~/whatevertextfilename and then look at the
output.  I use windowmaker 15.1 also and it works fine for me.  I do put
the -nodock parameter so that I don't have a panel and a dock on my poor
little 14 inch monitor.  One other thing that got me was I changed the
host name of my computer and got the address assertion failed.  After I
changed it back to nothing it worked.
        Also see http://doors.cybertrails.com/gnomemaker/news/index.html
for a
little bit of information on getting gnome and windowmaker to work
together.

-Samus