Re: *YES*, anonymous cvs is *DOWN*

Hi,

> i think the gnome people are getting tired of answering this. login
> failures are because anonymous cvs is disabled. i think it was done
> because there was too much load on the server, it was getting ridiculously
> slow. maybe someone could offer to mirror it?

Isnīt it possible to assign a different failure messages on the CVS
Server, that would notify the user, that anonymous CVS was disabled. As
far as I know one can set a message to diplay on falure ftp or
telnet logins. I donīt know if the pserver, or whoever is
responsible for the connection, support this, too.

Dirk