Re: Just some ideas

Tristan Tarrant wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, sun wrote:
> > > I presume you mean SANE scanner module? TWAIN is Windows only software
> > > API.
> >
> > <glancing at mac laptop with adobe photoshop and color-it, both with
> > twain-compliant scanner interfaces> it is not.
>
> In fact it isn't Windows-only. But it is just an interface between the
> applications and the scanner driver. It is not a protocol for sending
> commands to the scanner.
>
> Tristan
>
> --
> Tristan Tarrant                                         ttarrant@etnoteam.it
>
> Linux - la scelta di una GNUova generazione
>                                       Linux - the choice of a GNU generation
>
> --

Exactly...well almost.  TWAIN is a COMMON interface between
 apps and the scanner driver. ie.
[any TWAIN compliant app] <-> [TWAIN module] <-> [any TWAIN
compliant driver]  The task would still exist to write the
scanner-specific drivers.  Not really a small problem considering the
numerous scanners available.

Tim

-------
no cute .sig