Re: libc5 and Gnome

Hi Andrew,

> Is Gnome intended only for libc6?  If I can use it on a libc5 system, which
> packages should I install as a minimum and is there a certain order to install
> RPM's?

I can only talk for the gxsnmp project as part of gnome-admin. Here,
glibc follows the "Unix standard" for the definition of icmp headers,
while libc5 uses the home
grown one from the kernel headers. You would either have to add the
propper icmp.h header file to get the expected definitions of to remove
ping.[ch] and comment out the call of ping in app/main.c and
app/host_list.c.

So yes, gxsnmp is currently only for glibc (or HP/UX or NetBSD or ...)

Cheers,
Jochen