Re: gnome "task" bar

Ok, excellent advice, however i'm quite aware of what a window manager
does, I was not implying that GNOME should be strictly built around one
thing, that was not my question.  My question is, what is GNOME trying to
accomplish, it has a task bar at the bottom with pretty little things like
a window manager, you call programs from it like a window manager, etc
etc, so why would you want to run a window manager if gnome does nearly
the same thing.  My question is, is GNOME trying to resemble a window
manager or something much higher (advanced programming enviroment yadda
yadda).  The reason I am asking this is because hopefully I plan to become
another GNOME developer, mainly for personal use.  I do not want to go all
out and do all these crazy things to GNOME, send it to the GNOME team, and
change concepts.. Input is welcome of course.

Michael J. Freeman - mikef@prism.net
Prism Technologies