GNOME snapshots?

Before I begin, let me say you all did a great job on GNOME since last
time I was subscribed here (which was about the time of version
0.9-0.10).  The latest snapshot works great, except for the panel
which won't start :(  Here's the error message:

debug: need old_cfg here
started applet, pid: 490
address.cc:437: assertion failed
Aborted

I get something similar if I compile the gnome-core package.

So this brings me to my questions: how is this problem solved, and
when will new snapshots come our way again?

Thanks,
Patrix.