Re: CVS trouble

Bruno Widmann <bwidmann@tks.fh-sbg.ac.at> writes:

> On 2 Jun 1998, Anders Wegge Jakobsen wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> >  Isn't it possible to do anonymous CVS anymore?
> >
> > (171)$cvs update
> > cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.gimp.org
> > rejected access
> >
> > --
> > /Wegge
> >

> i might be on a wrong track, but it seemed to me that doing cvs commands
> without the -z3 option caused that error for me.
>
> try 'cvs -z3 update -d', and see if that fails too.

 It does. Furthermore, I don't really think that the compression level
has anything to do with authorization. "cvs login" bahaves similar, so
My guess is that the anonymous login has somehow or other been
equipped with a password.

--
/Wegge

PS. Thanks to all that helped me verify that the problem wasn't local
to my setup.