Bug?: Right aligned toolbar icons?

I use the following code to set the initial application window size:

  maxx=gdk_screen_width();
  maxy=gdk_screen_height();

  if
(gnome_parse_geometry(cloptions.geometry,&xpos,&ypos,&width,&height)){
    if (xpos != -1) {
      gdk_window_move(GTK_WIDGET(app.main)->window,xpos,ypos);
    }
    if (width != -1) {
      gdk_window_resize(GTK_WIDGET(app.main)->window,
   MIN(maxx,width),MIN(maxy,height));
    }
  } else {
    gdk_window_resize(GTK_WIDGET(app.main)->window,
        MIN(maxx,800),
        MIN(maxy,500));
  }

But after gdk_window_resize I get right aligned toolbar-button icons
(not centered). A screenshot is available at

http://nui.vlsivie.tuwien.ac.at/sview/sview-error.jpg

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my code?