Re: panel stopped working

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 05:19:01PM -0500, Pascal J. Hos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using gnome and all the sudden the panel stopped
> working. When executing it exits with the following message
>
> debug: need old_cfg here
> started applet, pid 1174
> address.cc:437: assertion failed

This is a problem with mico being stupid about your machine's networking.
Can you ping localhost? One thing I'd do is to add your machine name to
the localhost line in /etc/hosts, such as:

127.0.0.1	localhost gigo

This has worked for me. Another thing you could do is to use the experimental
ORBit instead of mico.