Re: GNOME spreadsheet work in progress

Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> writes:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > That's a very good idea.  I will look into the Computer Graphics
> > Metafile (CGM) format, as it may provide just what we need.
> >

> If there's an appropriate existing format that would be most excellent.

Might it be worth the effort to build upon the FIG format?  If we
could use that, and possibly extend on it working with the xfig
authors, we would get quite a powerful canvas displaying and drawing
program for free.  Plus, we could continue to use all those
FIG-producing applications out there, like gnuplot, GNU plotutils,
pstoedit, etc.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk * jolk@ap-pc513b.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de * +49-721-608-3572